Before you read this page, it is worth noting that the process required to file for immigration is not all that simple. Whilst you can feasibly do it yourself, it is probably going to be worth getting in touch with a lawyer instead. This is in part down to the fact that immigration laws change on an almost constant basis and if you do not do things properly on your own then there is a good chance that your petition will fail.
Firstly; you need to consider whether you can actually file for immigration in the United States. At the moment you can only apply for immigration rights if you have a sponsor in one of the following categories:
- Sponsorship by US Citizen (relative). They can sponsor; siblings, parents, children, and spouses.
- Sponsorship by US Green Card Holder. They can sponsor; Spouse and unmarried children only.
- Prospective Employer. There must however be evidence that you have skills which are not capable of being filled by a US citizen. In most cases this should be fairly easy to prove, although you should work closely with your lawyer for this.
Once you have determined whether you are legible for immigration or not, you have to obtain one of the following forms:
- Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative: This will be filled in by the sponsor if they are applying for a relative to enter the United States of America. It has to be filed from within the United States.
- Form I-140 Petition for Alien Worker: This one will obviously be filled in by the employer. Again; this can be submitted within the United States only.
The forms can be obtained from the USCIS website. It is worth noting that some petitions can be filed from outside the United States. These are incredibly rare though. It is also worth noting that just because the petition has been accepted it does not mean that you can now move to the United States. It just means that the applicant can move further along the process. In some cases your petition may be denied even if you have met all the requirements for the petition. This is because the United States places caps on the amount of immigrants that can come to the country each year.
The NVC will take over at this stage. They will collect all fees, evidence from your sponsors, and then contact you when you need to submit further forms of documentation. It is worth noting that this can be quite a slow process. Some people wait many years for their case to be ‘judged’. You may want to retain the services of an immigration attorney at this point as they can help hurry the process along. They will also be able to help explain the process every single step of the way. This should give you peace of mind knowing that your application is in the safest possible hands! At this stage there is very little you can do but wait it out. Providing you meet the requirements for immigration you should obtain permission eventually.
WordPress is without a doubt one of the most ‘popular’ blogging platforms around at the moment (well, it used to be primarily a blogging platform, it is more a complete content management system nowadays). On this page I want to take a little look at the various advantages related to using WordPress!
- First and foremost; WordPress is free. You can download it from the internet and install it on your webserver right now if you wish. The ‘stock’ version of WordPress is pretty decent too and you will be able to do a ton with it. In addition to this; you will find that there are plenty of themes and plugins (more on those soon!), available online which you can add to your site. The majority of these are free too. In short; it is a pretty cost-effective method!
- Remember Plugins? (you should do, it was only a couple of sentences ago…). Plugins are small little snippets of code which can add whole new features to your WordPress installation. This basically means that you will be taking your WordPress site from its ‘stock’ blog format to a fully-fledged website. Plugins have resulted in some of the largest websites in the world utilizing WordPress as their backbone. This is because they are so flexible. If you can think of an addition to a website then it is likely you can find a Plugin to suit. You will find thousands of different ones online, with more being released all of the time (many of them are free!)
- You can also change up the look of your website in a flash. You can download templates online, much in the same way that you can download plugins. All you need to do is tap into your website, install the theme and you should be good to go. If you want your own unique theme then the majority of web designers out there should be able to help you out nowadays.
- WordPress is an open-source platform. This basically means anybody can view the code and edit it how they please. There are thousands upon thousands of people around the globe doing this on a regular basis (hence why there are so many plugins out there). The benefit of thousands of people being able to look at the code means that any security holes are picked up quickly. This means that despite being free, WordPress is one of the most secure online platforms out there. There are issues from time to time of course but most of these are ‘patched’ within days of being discovered.
- It is incredibly easy to use! If you know how to turn on your computer and utilize a word processor then you should be able to add posts to your WordPress installation easily. You will even be able to change up a bit about the layout and menus. In short; once you have this platform installed you should be able to make all changes yourself without needing to get in touch with a professional web designer (this will save you a ton of cash!)
WordPress is an awesome platform and you have enormous options available within the backend. If your looking for a quick way to start an online blog then WordPress is definitely the choice for bloggers. WordPress can be setup in under 4 minutes and with thousands of plug-ins available, it can be customized quickly to fit your requirements.
Here’s something else that awesome…
Since WordPress is the number 1 choice, you have enormous resources available to you to help you get started. This is especially important to those with NO previous experience.